Full course description
Course Date and Time
This workshop is in-person, at Bastyr Seattle Campus
14500 Juanita Dr NE, Kenmore, WA 98028
Thursday, July 6, 2023, 8:00am-5:30pm PST
Friday, July 7, 2023, 8:00am-5:30pm PST
Saturday, July 8, 2023, 8:00am-5:30pm PST
Sunday, July 9, 2023, 8:00am-5:30pm PST
Registration deadline is June 27, 2023
Gain postnatal competence, tools and capacity taught by DONA International-approved trainer-Tracy McPhillips. The workshop covers many aspects of postpartum care, including lactation and parent and newborn care. Must be able to complete 2-4 hours of pre-workshop modules before the course begins.
Those who complete the course can begin the process of becoming DONA International-certified postpartum doulas. Completion of this workshop meets the criteria for two requirements towards DONA International Certifications: (1) Postpartum Doula Workshop and (2) Breastfeeding/Chest feeding for Doulas.
Participants receive additional information once registered. We offer a Course Assistant position to provide classroom in exchange for a discounted tuition. For more information regarding this position as well as any other inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at (425) 602-3361.
To review the Simkin Center refund and cancellation policy visit https://bastyr.edu/simkin-center-allied-birth-vocations (scroll down to Registration Policies).
· The role of the doula in supporting breastfeeding
· Bottle feeding safety and techniques
· Nurturing families with more than one infant
· New mother care
· New baby care
· Listening and communication skills
· Integrating the birth experience
· The emotional transition of the new family
· Ethical conduct of postpartum doulas
· Business aspects of a doula practice
· Prenatal contact
· Postpartum mood disorders and post-traumatic stress disorder
· Comforting touch for new mothers
· Case scenarios - the doula's role
· Comfort and care for new babies
· Community resources
Certificates of completion are issued only to students present for all sessions.
There is NO required reading for this training
Our Postpartum Doula workshop is led by a distinguished DONA International-approved trainer whose leadership is widely recognized in our professional maternity and postpartum communities. Our trainers are active, working doulas with thriving doula practices in Seattle, Washington.