Registration for the full program is closed as Winter Quarter has already begun.
You can still register for Spring and Fall quarter separately if you wish. To be added to a waitlist for the Full Program 2023, please contact us at email@example.com
The Ayurveda Health Advisor Certificate program is a comprehensive, online program of 12 in-depth courses designed for a diverse group of participants:
This program is appropriate for:
- Health care professionals who wish to incorporate Ayurveda into their current practice: naturopathic and medical doctors, herbalists, nutritionists, yoga teachers, nurses, acupuncturists and other wellness professionals
- Individuals who wish to use Ayurveda to care for family and friends, as well as self-care
- Individuals who wish to start a new career as an Ayurvedic Health Advisor
Whether you want to immediately pursue a certificate, or just explore the world of Ayurveda, yoga’s “health sister” science, this affordable program is for you! Ayurveda is regarded as the oldest health system in the world. From the comfort of your home learn the ancient, natural medical science of creating harmony and balance of body, mind and soul (spirit). Professionals may add another tool to their practice to aid patients with these proven therapies.
About the Instructor
KP Khalsa, Yogaraj, AD, DN-C, RH, is one of the today’s foremost natural healing experts. As one of a very few clinicians with 50 years in the natural health field, KP has a wealth of experience in the use of healing herbs, vitamins, minerals and medicinal foods. Khalsa, the national president emeritus of the American Herbalists Guild, is the author of over 3,000 published health articles and has written or edited 30 books on cooking, herbalism and health. He has presented over 200 times at national and state conferences on diverse topics such as herbal medicine and therapeutic nutrition. Khalsa trained in herbalism and food therapy with an Ayurvedic mentor for 35 years. He holds a doctorate in Ayurveda, is a state certified dietitian/nutritionist and registered herbalist. Khalsa is on the Bastyr faculty and is a professor at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
No prior related education is required – all the necessary skills and training will be covered in the program to become a proficient and confident Ayurvedic Health Advisor.
Each 52-hour module must be completed within a 4-week period. Each module includes 20 hours of live webinar, 12 hours of recorded supplemental instruction available online, 10 hours of self-study, and 10 hours of client sessions.
- Introduction to Ayurveda- (this course is the only prerequisite to taking the full Ayurvedic Health Advisor Program. This can be done at your own pace but must be completed prior to beginning the full program.)
- Ayurvedic Lifestyle
- Ayurvedic Nutrition
- Ayurvedic Cooking
- Ayurvedic Herbalism, Culinary and Dietary Therapy
- Ayurvedic Psychology
- Client Interactions & Health Program Procedures
- Pathology of Body Energy and Disease
- Ayurvedic Body Systems in Health and Disease
- Complementary Modalities
- Pathology of Disease Stages
- Ayurvedic Body Systems
- Structure and Function
- Assessment and Disease Development
To earn a Certificate of Competency, you must complete all 12 module (which include at least 50 client sessions) and pass the open-book exam at the end of each module. Attendance and participation in all live webinar weekend sessions is required and will be monitored.
View cancellation policy here: https://bastyr.edu/continuing-education/course-information