CommEd: Parkinson's Disease School - Summer 2023
Jul 30, 2023 - Aug 6, 2023
Full course description
For additional information, visit our website at Bastyr PD School
What is PD School?
A safe, supportive, and productive educational environment fostering opportunities for people with Parkinson’s to build community and learn strategies designed to reduce symptoms, stop progression, regain function, and improve the lives of individuals with Parkinson’s disease for decades to come.
Facilitated by Dr. Laurie Mischley in collaboration with Bastyr University
When is PD School 2023?
PD Summer School for Newcomers:
Monday July 31, 2023 - Friday August 4, 2023
PD Alumni Summer Intensive:
Friday August 4, 2023 - Sunday August 6, 2023
We have some exciting changes for 2023! This year, new attendees will participate in our five-day PD Summer School for Newcomers, and returning PD School participants will take part in our brand-new weekend PD Alumni Summer Intensive! Our newcomers will have a chance to meet, greet, and ask questions of our PD Alumni at lunchtime on Friday as we transition over to the Alumni Intensive programming.
How do I determine if PD School is right for me?
Perhaps you have heard about PD School through your doctor or through a friend who attended during a previous year. Maybe you stumbled upon our site during a quick Google search, or you are familiar with Bastyr University or Dr. Laurie Mischley’s work on Parkinson’s disease research. However you have found us, welcome! If any or all of the below resonate with you, PD School might be a good option for you!
- I am a person with Parkinson’s (PwP) and I am seeking strategies and tools for living with the disease.
- I am a partner or caregiver of a Person with Parkinson’s and I’d like to learn more about how I can support my PwP on a daily basis.
- I am curious and open-minded about integrative and complementary methods of living with Parkinson’s and improving my daily experience with PD.
- I am ready and willing to make lifestyle and dietary changes to improve my overall health and wellbeing while living with PD.
- I’m interested in creating a community of like-minded individuals who are going through a similar experience.
What can I expect?
PD School is a busy, emotional, and exciting week for all participants, staff, and presenters! While the cliche “expect the unexpected” might seem intriguing, we know you’d like to have an idea what you are walking (or flying) in to!
- A team of dedicated and knowledgeable students, staff, faculty, and ND’s available on-side daily to guide you through the program.
- A plethora of educational, emotional, and physical content to keep you active and engaged in the learning process while giving you the chance to connect with your PD School cohort.
- Opportunities to explore many forms of physical exercise, including yoga, high intensity interval training, dance, hiking, and more! We encourage you to push yourself, try something new, and have fun while moving your body.
- A customized meal plan developed by Dr. Laurie Mischley and our Bastyr University Dining Commons. Meals are specially curated to keep you full, energized, and nutritionally-balanced through the dietary recommendations made by Dr. Mischley and her “Parkinson’s Plate”.
- The opportunity to explore and develop various strategies that will empower you to take control of your life while living with PD.
PD School 2023 Rates
PD Summer School (July 31 - August 4, 2023)
PwP - $3,750.00 (No Promo Code Needed)
Partner - $1,750.00 (Promo Code: PDSSPARTNER2023)
PD School Alumni Intensive (August 4 - 6, 2023)
PwP - $1,750.00 (Promo Code: PDIPWP2023)
Partner - $875.00 (Promo Code: PDIPARTNER2023)
We hope you don’t experience a need to cancel your attendance, but we understand life happens! Here is our policy for refunding program fees:
Please Note: All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to us at email@example.com BEFORE the dates listed below to be eligible for the associated refund.
May 31, 2023 - Final day to request a full refund for program fee
June 15, 2023 - Final day to request a 75% refund for program fees
July 1, 2023 - Final day to request 50% refund for program fees
All refunds will be charged a 3% processing fee.
No refunds will be given for cancellations after July 1, 2023. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.